Taking place across the UK & Republic of Ireland, Voluntary Arts Week celebrates amateur arts activity in all its diversity.
Whether you’re in a choir, knitting group, drama society or orchestra. Whether you express yourself through painting, dancing, quilting or singing. Whatever your chosen art or craft form, Voluntary Arts Week is your chance to celebrate, collaborate and inspire others to join you.
If you’re part of a group, here’s how you could get involved:
- Hold an open rehearsal or taster session
- Put on a special performance or exhibition
- Take your art or craft form to a different venue or public space (bus station/shopping centre)
- Partner up with another group/organisation to run a creative project or event
- If you’re already doing something that week, simply badge it as part of Voluntary Arts Week and make it welcoming to new people
If you’re a crafter, get involved in our top secret CraftBomb project and help us decorate the UK in vibrant crafty colour! Download the information pack from the CraftBomb tab above. But shhh, don’t tell everyone!
About Voluntary Arts
Voluntary Arts Week is an initiative of Voluntary Arts. We work across the UK and Republic of Ireland to promote, support and encourage active participation in the arts and crafts. The benefits taking part in cultural activity can bring to both individuals and communities is the driving force behind everything we do. To find out more about Voluntary Arts, visit www.voluntaryarts.org
Voluntary Arts ~ passionate about participation